Custom Mouthguards in Brabham
Provide Maximum Protection to Your Teeth with Custom Mouthguards
Damaged teeth can lead to dental problems, including pain, sensitivity, and tooth loss. Most of the time, these problems require invasive and expensive dental treatments.
Brabham Smiles offers custom-fitted mouthguards to protect your teeth from grinding and being knocked out due to sports-related injuries. Our mouthguards are made from high-quality materials that are durable and long-lasting. Our experienced dentists will ensure that your mouthguards fit your teeth well, providing maximum protection against dental injuries. With Brabham Smiles mouthguards, you can rest assured that your teeth are getting the greatest protection possible.
Dental Problems that Custom Mouthguards Can Address
Bruxism is a condition characterized by teeth grinding or clenching, which can lead to tooth damage, jaw pain, and even headaches. Wearing a mouthguard can help protect your teeth and relieve some of the symptoms associated with bruxism. It evenly distributes the pressure across your jaw and provides a physical barrier between your upper and lower teeth. This can reduce the damage to your teeth and also help relieve any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing.
Contact sports come with a risk of dental injuries, including knocked-out teeth. A blow to the face can easily dislodge a tooth; once knocked out, it can be difficult to put it back in place. Mouthguards are designed to absorb the impact of a blow to the face and protect your teeth from being knocked out. They are essential for people who play contact sports, but they can also be worn during any physical activity with a risk of dental injury.
You're Just One Click Away from a
Frequently Asked Questions About
A custom-made mouthguard is fabricated to fit your teeth, gums, and jaw. They are made in a dental laboratory or on-site using the impressions of your teeth. The dental professional takes an impression of your teeth with putty or a digital scanner. The impression is then used to make a model of your teeth. The model is used to create a custom-fit mouthguard. The mouthguard is made of flexible plastic and is designed to fit snugly over your teeth. Custom mouthguards offer the best fit and protection for your smile.
Benefits of custom mouthguards over the OTC mouthguards
You may find that custom mouthguards are more expensive than OTC mouthguards. The price difference is due to the several benefits that custom mouthguards offer over one-size-fits-all mouthguards.
- Easier and more comfortable to wear: Because custom mouthguards are made from an impression of your teeth, they are fitted to the unique contours of your teeth, making them more comfortable than stock mouthguards.
- Provides maximum protection for your mouth: Since custom mouthguards fit snugly on your teeth, they have better retention, making it difficult for them to be dislodged during impact. This allows the mouthguard to better protect the teeth by buffering any impact exerted over them.
- Appropriate thickness: Unlike the one-thickness-fits-all OTC mouthguards, custom mouthguards can be customized in different thicknesses. A dentist can evaluate the specific thickness appropriate for your needs and have your mouthguard fabricated in this thickness.
- Customizable: You can choose the mouthguard’s colour, design, and size that meets your specific needs.
While mouthguards are durable, they still require care and maintenance to stay clean and effective. Here are some tips for cleaning and caring for your mouthguard:
- Rinse the mouthguard with water after every use to remove any plaque or debris. Avoid using hot water as this can cause warping.
- Brush the mouthguard with a soft-bristled toothbrush and liquid antibacterial soap daily. This will remove any plaque or debris accumulated on the mouthguard’s surface.
- Deep clean the mouthguard once weekly by soaking it in a denture cleanser for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly afterwards.
- When not in use, store the mouthguard in a dry, airtight container. This will help prevent the growth of mould and mildew.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your mouthguard stays clean and in good condition.
The cost of custom-made mouthguards usually ranges from $125 to $300, depending on the materials used and the complexity of the design. It costs more than those available over-the-counter, but it is worth it since a custom-made mouthguard is more comfortable to wear and provides much more protection, decreasing the likelihood of undergoing costly and invasive corrective treatment later on.
The best way to determine how much a mouthguard will cost is to consult your dentist. They can help you find the right type of mouthguard to meet your needs and budget.