General Dentist in Brabham
Get the Comprehensive Dental Care You Need with Our General Dentistry Services
Dental problems may not bother you everyday, but did you know that if you don’t take care and manage them, they can get much worse? You may end up with infections, gum disease, and even tooth loss.
Prevention is vital when it comes to maintaining dental health, and general dentistry plays a crucial role in preventing tartar, toothaches, and decayed teeth from becoming more serious. At Brabham Smiles, we focus on providing comprehensive dental care to help you avoid problems like bad breath, dental abscesses, bleeding gums, or gum disease. By coming in for regular check-ups and cleanings, we can remove tartar before it becomes a problem. Our experienced dentists can also identify early signs of decay and take steps to prevent its progression. And if you are already experiencing tooth pain, we can provide treatment to relieve your discomfort and protect your teeth from further damage.
Our General Dentistry Treatments
Scale and Clean
You brush, floss, and use mouthwash daily, but sometimes plaque and tartar can still build up. That's where Brabham Smiles comes in - we offer a scale and clean procedure to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth, leaving them looking clean and fresh.
As much as possible, our friendly team of dentists will attempt to preserve the original tooth. Nonetheless, if extraction becomes necessary, we'll make sure you're completely informed and comfortable.
Root Canal Therapy
Our skilled dentists offer root canal therapy to save your tooth by removing infection inside a tooth and protecting it from future infections. Our team will take the time to walk you through every step of the process so that you feel comfortable and confident in our care.
Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth removal is only necessary if they are causing or have the potential to cause oral health problems. Our experienced dentists will evaluate your mouth and let you know whether or not you need this procedure.
Gum Disease Treatment
It is important to keep your smile healthy and free from gum disease. Brabham Smiles offers a range of periodontal disease treatments to help you restore your healthy smile.
Brabham Smiles offers dental fillings to restore teeth that have been damaged by tooth decay and to prevent further decay. Our tooth fillings are durable and comfortable because we use the latest technology and high-quality materials.
You're Just One Click Away from a
Frequently Asked Questions About
At Brabham Smiles, we recommend that our patients come in for regular dental visits at least twice a year. There are several reasons why these dental visits are so important.
- They give us a chance to detect any potential problems in their early stages. This is especially important for problems like decay, which can often be challenging to see or feel on your own. A timely diagnosis can result in less invasive treatments, prevention of tooth loss, better dental treatment outcomes, and less money spent on tooth treatments.
- Regular visits allow us to address any other oral health concerns you may have. We can answer your questions, provide guidance on proper oral care, and help you make informed decisions about your dental health.
- Regular appointments help us get to know you better so that we can provide exceptional dental care. We value our relationships with our patients and want to ensure you always feel comfortable and confident coming to see us.
So if it’s been a while since your last dental visit, schedule an appointment today and let us help you maintain your healthy and confident smile.
Here’s how you can take good care of your oral health:
- You should brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and floss once daily to keep your mouth healthy.
- After brushing, rinse with mouthwash.
- Avoid sugary and starchy foods since they may cause cavities. Replace sugary drinks with water.
- Avoid smoking.
- It is recommended that you visit your dentist every six months for a thorough oral examination and cleaning.
Depending on the cause of your bad breath, you can manage it in a few different ways.
- If your bad breath is due to a build-up of bacteria in your mouth, then the best way to get rid of it is to brush and floss more regularly. You should also make sure to brush your tongue, as bacteria can often build up there. If you have dentures, be sure to clean them thoroughly every day. In addition, you may want to try using an antibacterial mouthwash.
- If your bad breath is due to smoking, quitting is the most recommended option. This can be difficult, but many resources are available to help you succeed. With a little effort, you can get rid of bad breath for good.
- Sometimes bad breath can signify a more serious health condition, such as sinus infections or stomach problems. It’s recommended to see your dentist to rule out any underlying health issues. In some cases, this may require medication.
A number of different factors can cause bleeding gums:
- Gingivitis is a mild form of gum disease characterised by inflammation of the gums and is caused by plaque build-up. Plaque build-up on the teeth can irritate the gums and lead to inflammation.
- Without treatment, gingivitis can lead to periodontitis, which is a more severe form of periodontal disease. This condition is caused by a build-up of bacteria below the gum line, which can lead to irritation, swelling, and bleeding.
- Vigorous brushing can also cause the gums to bleed. If you brush too hard, you can damage the delicate tissue of your gums.
- Oral appliances that don’t fit properly can also cause bleeding gums. If your dentures or braces are too tight, they can rub against the gums and cause them to bleed.
- Vitamin deficiencies can also lead to bleeding gums. If you are deficient in vitamin C or K, you may experience bleeding gums.
- Diabetes can also cause bleeding gums. High blood sugar levels can damage the blood vessels in the gums and cause them to bleed. Diabetes also affects the body’s ability to heal wounds. If you have diabetes, it is crucial to control your blood sugar levels to reduce the risk of gum disease.
If you have bleeding gums, you must see a dentist to determine the cause and get appropriate treatment.
You might need a dental filling if you experience any of the following:
- A persistent toothache
- Tooth sensitivity
- A tooth hole
- A discoloured tooth
- A fractured or chipped tooth
- Damaged or lost fillings
If you find yourself with a badly decayed tooth, there are two possible courses of treatment: root canal therapy or tooth extraction. Root canal therapy involves removing the decayed portion of the tooth, filling the space with a special material, and sealing it off to prevent further damage. Tooth extraction, on the other hand, involves simply removing the entire tooth. This may be necessary if the decay is too severe to be treated with root canal therapy. Your dentist can recommend the most appropriate treatment for your particular case.
The cost of general dentistry treatments can be covered by health insurance as long as adequate coverage is taken out. A general dental extras cover helps pay for general dentistry procedures like a dental check-up, x-ray, scale and clean, dental filling, and tooth extraction.
However, policies may vary for every health fund. While many of the same criteria are used, there may be some significant variances in what they cover and how much they pay. Furthermore, you may have claim limitations on a yearly basis. It’s a good idea to double-check with your health fund provider to see what’s covered and how much it costs.