Dental Fillings in Brabham
Brabham Smiles is the dentist you can trust for high-quality dental fillings in Brabham. We are here to keep your teeth healthy and strong so you can smile with confidence. Our dentists are highly skilled and experienced, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
Bring Back the Beauty and Strength of Your Smile with Our Dental Fillings
Cavities are caused by tooth decay and can get worse without treatment. They can cause pain, tooth loss, and other serious problems.
At Brabham Smiles, we offer high-quality dental fillings to restore the health of decayed teeth. The filling helps seal off the tooth so bacteria and food particles can’t get in and cause more damage. Additionally, dental fillings can restore worn down, broken, or chipped teeth. Fillings, usually metal alloys, composite resins, or glass ionomer cement, are placed in the tooth to restore its structure and function. Brabham Smiles offers a wide range of dental fillings, and our team can help you choose the right material for your needs.
Dental Problems that Dental Fillings Can Address
When a tooth is damaged by decay, breakage, or wear, the inner layer of the tooth can become exposed, which causes sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweet foods and drinks. Dental fillings can help conceal the exposed root and prevent decay from spreading, thus managing the source of pain and discomfort.
Missing Crowns and Fillings
Over time, dental fillings and crowns may become loose or fall out due to decay developing between the tooth and the restoration. In this case, your dentist will clean out the decay and place a new filling.
Chipped or Broken Teeth
Dental fillings are one way to address a chipped or broken tooth, and they are hardly noticeable once they are in place. Your dentist will apply the filling material to the chipped or broken area of your tooth and harden it using a special light.
If your tooth has a cavity, it could expose the nerves, causing significant pain. Your dentist will clean out the decay and fill the area with a filling material to protect the nerves.
You're Just One Click Away from a Beautiful Smile.
Frequently Asked Questions About
Dental fillings offer several benefits that make them an attractive option for patients:
- They can strengthen and restore a tooth’s structure and functionality.
- They can prevent cavities from developing.
- Fillings can prevent further decay, damage, or infection if a tooth is chipped or broken.
- Dental fillings are made of materials that match the colour of natural teeth.
- It is a cost-effective procedure.
- Fillings are usually completed in one appointment.
There are many different types of materials that can be used for dental fillings:
- Silver amalgam: These are composed of mercury and a silver alloy (silver, tin, copper, and other metals). They are typically used on the back teeth used for chewing. However, they are not the modern material of choice because of their color.
- Composite resin: Composite resin fillings are tooth-coloured fillings composed of powdered glass quartz, silica, or other ceramic particles mixed with resin.
- Ceramic: This filling is usually made of porcelain. This material resists staining better than composite resin.
- Gold: A gold filling is made from an alloy of gold, copper, and other metals. They are considered the strongest and most durable, but they are also the most expensive.
- Glass ionomer: Glass ionomer fillings are made of acrylic and a particular type of glass. Since it is weaker than composite resin, it is usually used in fillings for young children and below the gum line.
The procedure can be performed using local anaesthesia, which numbs the area around your teeth. This means that you will not feel any discomfort during the procedure.
The first step in a dental filling procedure is to numb the area around the tooth with local anaesthesia. This ensures that you won’t feel any discomfort during the filling process. Next, your dentist will remove any decay from the tooth and clean it out. Once the decay has been removed, the next step is to fill the cavity with a filling material like composite resin. Once the dental filling is in place, your dentist will harden it with a special light. The material used will depend on the location of the cavity and your preference. The final step is to polish the filling to blend it with the rest of the tooth. Then, they’ll check to ensure you can bite and chew comfortably. The process usually takes just a few minutes, and you’ll be able to return to your normal activities immediately.
The cost of dental fillings depends on the materials that are used, the location of the tooth that needs work, and the complexity of the procedure. Simple fillings usually start at $150-$200 per tooth, and complex fillings start at $275-$400 per tooth.
Please schedule an appointment at Brabham Smiles so that we can assess your needs and provide you with an estimate of treatment costs for your case.