Clear Aligners in Brabham
Clear Aligners Can Effectively and Discreetly Straighten Your Teeth
Many patients suffer from orthodontic problems like crooked teeth, spacing, and bite problems. However, many patients still hesitate to undergo orthodontic treatments because traditional braces can be quite uncomfortable.
Traditional braces are a thing of the past. Clear aligners are a discreet method of orthodontic treatment that uses clear plastic trays placed over the teeth to align them. With clear aligners, you don’t have to worry about metal brackets showing when you smile, or the hassle of cleaning and removing debris from the brackets after eating.
Brabham Smiles offers clear aligners as an alternative to traditional braces. With these custom aligners, our dentists can correct various mild dental problems such as crooked teeth, gaps between the teeth, and bite problems. With our excellent patient care and high-quality dental procedures, we can ensure that you’ll have a better smile and healthier teeth. A consultation with our dentists will give you a better picture of how your treatment will go.
Dental Problems that Clear Aligners Can Address
By slowly moving the teeth closer together, clear aligners can gradually reduce the amount of space between teeth.
By carefully manipulating the position of the teeth, clear aligners can effectively align the teeth and create a uniform smile.
By gently shifting the position of the teeth, clear aligners can help improve the way the upper and lower teeth come together, leading to an improved bite.
A malpositioned tooth can contribute to the development or worsening of gum disease. Clear aligners can straighten the teeth, making it easier for patients to clean them and reducing the risk of gum disease.
You're Just One Click Away from a
Frequently Asked Questions About
To determine whether or not clear aligners are the proper treatment for you, it is important to consult with your dentist. Clear aligners are effective for patients with mild to moderate crowding or spacing problems. They are also a good option for patients who have had previous orthodontic treatment but whose teeth have since shifted. Clear aligners are not indicated for patients with severe crowding, spacing, or bite issues.
If you are unsure whether or not you are a good candidate for clear aligners, please schedule a consultation with Brabham Smiles, and we will be happy to assess your case.
Using clear aligners is a popular orthodontic treatment for both adults and teenagers. They are clear plastic trays that are custom-made to fit over your teeth. You will need to wear them for at least 20-22 hours a day, and you will need to change them every two weeks or so. They will gradually move your teeth into the correct position as you wear them. Clear aligners are less visible than metal braces, and they are also removable. Patients can easily take them out to eat and brush their teeth. Many prefer clear aligners because they are more comfortable to wear and easier to keep clean than metal braces. If you are considering clear aligners, the best way to determine if they are right for you is to talk to your dentist.
An increasing number of patients are choosing clear aligners to straighten their teeth. And it’s no wonder since they offer several benefits over traditional braces.
- Invisible and discreet: Clear aligners are fabricated using clear, BPA-free plastic, making them virtually invisible when worn. With the use of clear aligners, you can straighten your teeth without drawing attention to your smile.
- Removable: Patients can remove the clear aligners for eating and cleaning. You may even take them out for special occasions.
- Fewer dental appointments: Patients can replace their aligners every two weeks without needing to go to the dentist. Instead, patients are asked to visit every 6-8 weeks for check-ups.
- Faster treatment time: Patients can expect results in a shorter time compared to traditional braces.
Aligners must be cleaned twice a day and rinsed every time they’re taken out. Ideally, patients must also brush their teeth before wearing them. Here are some tips to help you clean your aligners.
- Clean your aligners with a soft-bristled toothbrush and liquid soap to remove plaque. Brush the aligners using a separate toothbrush. Avoid using toothpaste as this contains abrasives that may cause scratching and discoloration.
- Do not use hot water when cleaning the aligners. Since the aligners are made of plastic, hot water can cause them to warp and deform.
- Deep clean the aligners once a week. Soak the aligners in a denture cleanser for 30 minutes once a week to remove stubborn stains or plaque build-up.
Since the aligners are removable, patients can enjoy eating their favorite food without restrictions. However, patients must not forget to brush their teeth and rinse the aligner before wearing them again.
Regarding beverages, patients can only drink water while wearing the aligner. They may drink cold water, especially if they feel tenderness after switching to a new aligner. This can help soothe the discomfort. However, hot water must be avoided as this may cause warping of the tray. The patient can also consume coffee, tea, and other beverages, but they must remember to remove their aligners first to avoid damaging and staining them.
Unfortunately, most health funds do not cover the cost of orthodontic treatment, including clear aligners. However, there are a few exceptions. Some health funds offer limited coverage for orthodontic treatment. In addition, many dental clinics offer financing options to make the treatment more affordable. If you’re unsure whether your health insurance plan covers orthodontic treatment, check with your provider or ask your dentist for more information.