Learn More About Crooked Teeth
Achieve Better Oral Health by Straightening Your Crooked Teeth
If you have crooked teeth, you’re at risk of developing more serious dental problems. This includes tooth decay and gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss.
Brabham Smiles offers affordable, high-quality dental care for people of all ages. We offer various dental services, including clear aligners, veneers, dental crowns, and other corrective treatments, to straighten your teeth and improve your oral health. We use the latest technology and equipment to ensure you receive the best care possible. Schedule your dental appointment, and let us help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
Common Causes of Crooked Teeth
Dental Services that Can Address Crooked Teeth
Veneers are thin porcelain shells that are bonded to the front surfaces of the teeth. By modifying the appearance of the teeth, veneers can mask their crookedness and create the illusion of a straight, even smile.
Dental crowns can be used to create the illusion of a straighter smile. By placing a dental crown over the tooth, the dentist can effectively change the tooth's shape, correcting its alignment.
Smile Makeovers consist of a combination of one or more treatments to improve the appearance of one's smile and address a variety of dental problems, including crooked teeth.
Clear Aligners, also called invisible braces, are removable plastic mouth appliances worn over the teeth to straighten them. The aligner moves the teeth slowly towards their correct position until the misalignment and bite problems are addressed.
You're Just One Click Away from a
Frequently Asked Questions About
Several signs may indicate that teeth are crooked.
- Uneven alignment of teeth or crowded teeth
- Atypical facial appearance.
- Difficulty in chewing due to misaligned bite.
- Speech difficulty.
If you notice any of these signs, you should consult a dentist to determine if you need orthodontic treatment.
There are many benefits to straightening crooked teeth, both aesthetically and functionally.
- Improved appearance: Straightening crooked teeth can enhance one’s appearance and improve self-confidence, which can positively impact all areas of life.
- Better oral health: Straight teeth are easier to brush and floss effectively, which reduces the risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Clearer speech: Straightening helps with speech clarity by making it easier to produce clear sounds.
- Better digestion: Straight teeth can aid chewing and digestion by ensuring that food is adequately broken down before reaching the stomach.
- Prevents TMJ pain: Misaligned teeth can cause strain on the jaw, which can lead to pain and discomfort. By straightening the teeth, this strain is relieved, and the jaw can function correctly.
For all these reasons, straightening crooked teeth can significantly impact oral health and overall wellbeing.
There are several treatment options to align crooked teeth, but the most effective method is orthodontic treatment. This involves traditional braces or aligners that gradually move teeth into their proper position. This treatment can take a few months to a couple of years, giving patients a smile they can be proud of.
Extra diligence is needed when cleaning your crooked teeth. Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush to avoid damaging your gums. Next, floss your teeth once a day. Use a floss pick if you can’t reach all your teeth. Finally, rinse with a mouthwash to remove any remaining plaque. With a little effort, you can keep your crooked teeth healthy and looking great.
The decision not to correct crooked teeth has several drawbacks. It can become more misaligned over time, leading to serious problems with your bite. Additionally, crooked teeth are at higher risk of tooth decay and gum disease, which could eventually lead to tooth loss. If you are unsure about straightening your teeth, your dentist can create the most effective dental treatment plan for you.